Your campaign’s effectiveness majorly lies on the time you send your marketing mails. Sending marketing mails at the right time creates huge impact on your marketing objectives. So, when is the best time to send emails? Here’s what the studies have to say:
1. Prioritize Days
According to the studies, prioritizing your send days helps. Most of the studies claim the following days to be the best days:
Tuesday – Best day to send emails
Thursday – This day is better if you are sending two mails. Day one is dedicated to sending the first mail and day two can be accommodated on Thursday.
While the studies show these days as the best days, it also mentions Saturdays and Sundays as the days when fewest emails are sent and middle of the week is the time when most activity happens. According to the study conducted by Getresponse and Mailchimp, Thursdays shows spike in inbox activity, followed by Wednesdays and Tuesdays.
As per the data, Thursday and Tuesdays are the best days to send emails. But when compared to other days, Tuesdays get the most emails opened. But as a marketer if your objective for communication is getting more clicks, then Sunday is the day you should consider, followed by Tuesday, which is the second best day to get good clicks.
2. Prioritize Time
Once the days are sorted, focus on the best time to send emails. Prioritize your send time based on data.
1. 10 a.m.: Many studies showcase this time as the best time. People are just starting their day and as a habit usually check their mails for any important communication that needs their attention during the day.
2. 8 p.m.-midnight: One of the reasons behind this time-band being popular can be that people check their mails before calling it off a day.
3. 2 p.m.: It’s the time when people take breaks and look for distraction in their otherwise hectic schedule.
4. 6 a.m.: Our dependency on technology, social media and gadgets has increased so much that the moment we are awake, we start checking our social media feeds and emails.
– To know the best time for your campaign, first you need to choose the time zone for the majority of your audience. For example: if you are a marketer from India then the right thing for you is to cater to Indian audience and consider Indian time zone.
– Sending emails later in the morning between 10 a.m.–noon will get you the most opens. Therefore, the best time to send email is at 10 a.m.
– According to Customer.io reports, people check emails as they began their day. Though it can be a good time to grab their attention there can also be possibility of choosing productivity over email marketing. Email opens are highest from 8 p.m.–midnight. Second peak happens between 4-8 p.m.
Use this data to develop a strategy that best suits your marketing needs and helps you achieve your marketing objectives